I’m due soon, is it too late to start the adoption process? No, it is never too late. Even if the baby is already born.
Firstly, we want to commend you on your strength and bravery. We know that choosing to give your baby up for adoption is an incredibly difficult decision, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
No matter what stage of pregnancy you are in, it is never too late to choose adoption. Adoption Choices of Oklahoma is here to answer any questions you may have and help guide you through the adoption process. We offer a safe and supportive environment to help you make the best decision for yourself and your baby. Our professionals encourage you to reach out to us and explore your options. We are here for you, every step of the way.
Too late to start adoption process?
At 6 months, 7 months, 8 or 9 months pregnant, you can choose adoption for your unborn baby. Additionally, you can choose adoption if you are in labor, at the hospital, delivering, and even if the baby is already born.
Why does a woman choose adoption?
There are various reasons why a woman may give up a baby for adoption after birth, including:
- Financial struggles: A woman may feel like she cannot provide financially for her child, leading her to consider adoption as an alternative to raising the child herself.
- Lack of support: She may not have a supportive partner, family members or friends who can help her care for the baby, which can be overwhelming and daunting.
- Personal reasons: A woman may feel like she is not ready for the responsibilities of motherhood or that it is not the right time for her to have a child.
- Health concerns: Some women may have health concerns like depression or anxiety that make it difficult for them to take care of the baby.
- Pregnancy resulted from sexual assault: In cases where the pregnancy resulted from sexual assault, a mother may choose adoption to avoid any emotional attachment or memories related to the traumatic experience.
- Giving the baby a better life: A woman may feel like she cannot provide the baby with the life and opportunities that they deserve, and therefore believe that adoption may be the best option for the child.